Crafting Q & A
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is closed. Please find the answers on the 3kp in game.
Ask Flaxen your crafting questions (including newbie crafting questions):
- What Crafting professions are there?
- Where are the crayons?
- Can we craft mudpets?
- Can you give us a hint how to optimize drop-rate other than 'Kill more shtoof'?
- Do fragments, etc., save over boot?
- How long did it take you to code crafting?
- Do you have plans to develop crafting further in the future, or is it pretty much going to stay the way it is now? If you have plans, what are they?
- What was the hardest thing about coding crafting? What was the thing you enjoyed most?
- What are you most proud of in crafting?
- What aspects were not implemented in the final incarnation of crafting that you think were a pretty cool idea?
- What are some of the things on your to-do list for crafting?
- Do you have any suggestions for players trying to solve the great farming puzzle?
- Where did you get your ideas for crafting?
- Are hearts, fragments and essences dependent on mob level and if so what mob level do they start at?
- What do you think the hardest part of crafting is/will be for players?
- What player suggestions have helped make crafting better?
- In Farming, why are there 3 different farms stores that sell the same stuff-- it is the same stuff right, dear God this isn't part of the puzzle too-- is it? And, there are there 2 different mixing sheds, is this part of the puzzle too, are you really that masochistic?
- Why does Tiro, the NPC, love the crafting subarea so much?
- What is your personal favourite of all professions?
- How long do you think it will take for a player to max out a profession?
- Is Lumberjack a secret hidden gathering profession?
- You keep saying that we're doing it wrong, and not co-operating enough... How do you think we should be doing it?
- Some players have expressed fears that all Crafted items will be downgraded "as soon as they become really useful," what do you have to say to this?
- Likewise, where do you see farming and cooking going, once the puzzle has been solved and it's mostly a matter of following a guide? While blacksmithing and enchanting have built in bottlenecks, cooking seems to lack this, and the bonuses from some dishes are already quite large. Do you foresee any changes in the system as time passes?
- When can we expect to see the new Whaling profession added? What will be the difference between bonuses from food dishes and Ambergris-derived perfumes? What role will blubber play? Will the system integrate well with the Clerics guild?
- Will crafting receive medals?
- Where is Timmy? Is he okay? When will he be coming back? If, for some reason, he were to suffer a COMPLETELY TRAGIC accident and be mortally wounded, would he still be carrying any of those fragments, by chance? Not that we players would ever wish him any sort of harm, of course! Shiny, shiny fragments.....
- Crafting experience so far seems completely dependant on the number of items made, not the cost to make the item. Can you confirm this?
- Will cooking expand to give CXP by using 3 or more ingredients at 33?
- Will Blacksmithing be upgraded? For example, Gold Platemail requires clvl 40; 1 specific essence; 1 fragment of your choosing, 1 essence of your choosing to make gems; those 2 gems to be wrangled in the neighborhood of classes totalling 260k+ - to make a breakable piece of armour that has less ac than an unbreakable piece of equipment from a mob that doesn't fill a level 8 gem (17k).
- You've said that crafting is intended to alleviate camping and help on boot runs... with all equipment that's almost worth using requiring wrangled gems, and large wrangled gems, how can that happen if you need eq to wrangle the gems needed to make the eq?